You’ve left the scene of your motorcycle crash on Colesville Road, Layhill Road, or another Silver Springs road. Your immediate medical needs have been taken care of, your family has been called, and you are safely at home or in the hospital. Yet, the accident is all that is on your mind.
What to Do Now
In the week immediately following the accident, you can protect your rights by:
- Following up with your medical care. This may mean seeing a doctor again, getting a second opinion, having surgery, or simply following your doctor’s orders.
- Find out whether you can work now. If your injuries are significant enough to require time off from work then it is important to notify your employer.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident.
- Get a copy of the police report when it is ready. In some jurisdictions this will take more than one week.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer for a free consultation. That way you will not have to worry about the choices you make after an accident.
The sooner you do these things, the sooner you may recover from your accident injuries.
But Don’t Panic If You are Already on Day Eight
Your rights have not ended if it has been a week or more since your bike crash. However, it is more important than ever that you take action soon to protect your rights.
Have you ever been hurt in a Maryland motorcycle accident? What things did you do in the days following your accident that turned out to be important? What do you wish you had done differently? Please leave a comment and let other people who may just beginning their recovery know. You may make an important difference in someone else’s life.