Richard S. Lundin
Connect with me
Personal injury and family law attorney licensed to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia

In this video, Silver Spring lawyer Rick Lundin of Nickelsporn & Lundin describes the process of recovering lost wages after a car crash.

You are entitled to recovery of your lost wages through your own Maryland PIP insurance coverage, as well as your claim against the other driver's insurance policy. Your own PIP insurance pays up to 85% of your lost wages by law, while the other driver's insurance can pay up to 100% depending on the success of your case. The other insurance company is not allowed to take any credit or offset if your PIP has already covered some of your wages, they must pay you regardless of what PIP has payed.

In order for you to recover lost wages, you only need two things: a doctor's disability note and an employer's verification. If you are self-employed, you will need several years of tax returns and other documents showing what work you are missing.

Your doctor's note and employer's verification are needed to prove that you missed time from work and that your missing time was medically necessary.

If you have any questions about how to recoup lost wages, consider contacting the Silver Spring lawyers at Nickelsporn & Lundin, P.C. for a free consultation at 800-875-9700.