Quite frankly, the answers to these questions depend on the quality and expertise of your attorney.
While there isn’t a designated settlement amount that the law allows the victim of a Maryland car accident to get for specific injuries, insurance companies have their own idea of what is allowed.
Often, the insurance company’s maximum amount offered is not enough to cover all of the victim’s expenses that may include:
- A trip to the emergency room
- An extended hospital stay
- Physical therapy
- Repeat hospital stays for medical complications
- Lost wages or income
- Revisions to your home required to accommodate a new lifestyle
- Treatment for post-traumatic stress or issue resulting from the accident
- Compensation for pain and suffering
While the insurance company may offer a limited amount of compensation, you have every right to sue for more. An experienced Silver Spring car crash lawyer will pursue all avenues to get you additional compensation, including directly from the person responsible for the accident.
At Nickelsporn & Lundin our goal is to make sure that you are compensated for all expenses resulting from injuries you received in a car accident that was due to someone else’s negligence.
To see why we’re right for you, give us a call at 800-875-9700 to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case and help you determine your next step of action.