Let’s face it: there are lots of folks out there who think the only people filing injury claims are the ones looking to make a quick buck or “hit the lottery.”
But truth is, if you or a loved one is seriously hurt in an accident or killed, a personal injury claim may be the only path for you or your family to stay financially afloat during extraordinarily difficult circumstances..
Some of the most common reasons to file a personal injury claim include the need to:
- Recover lost wages when injuries keep you from working;
- Pay for medical bills (that can add up quickly and sometimes run into the hundreds of thousands or even millions);
- Handle future expenses that can arise from ongoing treatment and therapy;
- Provide future financial security in the event that the victim is not able to work for an extended period of time or permanently;
- Provide financial support that can help pay for lifestyle adjustments that can come about as a result of permanent disability.
As you can see from that list, those reasons are far from frivolous.
Bottom line – compensation from a personal injury settlement simply helps an innocent victim get by and handle the life-altering changes brought about by someone else’s negligence. Claims for personal injury, worker’s compensation and social security disability are not about greed, but necessity.
If you or someone you know suffers a personal injury, call our office for a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Dedicated to protecting and advancing your rights.