Richard S. Lundin
Connect with me
Personal injury and family law attorney licensed to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia

The answer is, “No.”


If you’re hurt on the job, you’re entitled to workers’ compensation for your medical bills and a portion of your lost wages and other benefits, depending on your injury.


You should immediately report your injury to your supervisor. 


You also have the right choose your own doctor for medical care after an on-the-job injury.   (Of course, the doctor you choose has to accept worker’s compensation insurance.)   Some insurance adjusters may think they get to dictate who you see for treatment and they may even suggest that to you.  But don’t be fooled.  You have the right to pick your own doctor


Even though you get to pick your own doctor, the workers’ compensation insurance adjuster may require you to undergo an “independent” medical examination (known as an IME) by a doctor they’ve selected in order for you to continue to receive benefits.  If that happens, be careful.  Many so-called IME’s are used by the adjusters to deny or limit your claim.


Workers’ compensation benefits are also available if you’re hurt in a car accident while on the job.  But they need to be coordinated carefully with Personal Injury Protection Benefits and other insurance coverage on the vehicle.  If you’re hurt on the job in an auto accident, call us right away for a free consultation.


Dedicated to protecting and advancing your rights,


Rick Lundin

Comments are closed.