Divorce is stressful and confusing. It’s been described by some as “crazy time.” To help move forward, here are five simple rules to follow once a divorce case has been filed in the courts.
1. Don’t sell, transfer, hide, withdraw or lien any joint accounts or property, except if it’s done in the usual course of business or to pay for the necessities of life, court fees or reasonable attorney fees (and "necessities of life" is a big exception);
2. Don’t harass, stalk, assault, molest or disturb the peace of your spouse or any of your children;
3. Don’t remove your child from the state or the jurisdiction of the court, without the prior written consent of the other party or permission of the court;
4. Don’t cancel any insurance coverage for your spouse or any child, including health insurance, auto insurance or disability insurance; and
5. Don’t fail to keep all insurance coverage in full force and effect.
If you or someone you know needs a lawyer, call 301-942-9118 or email me at [email protected] to schedule a FREE 30-minute divorce consultation.
It costs nothing to call, but it could cost everything if you don't.
Dedicated to protecting and advancing your rights,