Severe Burns Can Add to Physical and Emotional Pain After MD Crash
The collision left you injured—but the burns that occurred when your car caught on fire left the deepest scars. You could have handled the broken bones, but the broken bones in addition to burns covering large portions of your body sent you reeling into another level of suffering entirely.
Severe Burns May Need Many Treatments
Severe burns—especially third or fourth degree—may require any of the following treatments:
- Lengthy stay at the John Hopkins Burn Center in Baltimore
- Severing of a limb that cannot be saved
- Multiple surgeries to complete necessary skin grafts on areas where skin tissue has died
- Cosmetic surgery to increase the function of a burned area
- Physical therapy to relearn basic movements
- Treatment of any complications, such as infection (which is common for burn victims)
- Psychiatric care for the mental anxiety associated with such a traumatic event
If the insurance agent handling your case scoffs at your need for cosmetic surgery or balks at paying for your mental health care, it may be time to call a Maryland car crash lawyer. Burn injuries are serious and complicated. You may be dealing with pain and suffering on multiple levels, and you deserve to be compensated for all of it. Don’t let a pushy or stingy insurance agent rob you of the entire amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
To see how the experienced attorneys of Nickelsporn and Lundin have helped others victims of car accidents throughout Southern Maryland, check out our testimonials area. When you’re ready to hire a lawyer, simply fill out our contact form to request a free consultation.