Recognize Warning Signs of Anxiety Disorders After Maryland Car Crash
When the Nightmares Won’t Stop After a Maryland Car Accident
How Can I Get Compensation for PTSD Triggered by a Maryland Car Crash?
We hear a lot about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, particularly when it comes to soldiers. However, did you know that anyone who has suffered a traumatic event can suffer from this debilitating condition? PTSD, while commonly associated with war veterans, inflicts itself on a wide range of people—from car accident victims, to victims of domestic abuse, and more.
Any of the following are signs that you might be suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder after a serious Maryland auto accident:
- Reliving the accident over and over again in your mind, whether through nightmares or unintentional flashbacks
- Avoiding anything and anyone that reminds you of the event or subconsciously blocking the event out of your mind
- Increased anxiety and irritability, especially when thinking about your Maryland car accident
- Memory or concentration issues
- Trouble sleeping
- Physical symptoms such as hyperventilating or increased blood pressure and heart rate
You may want to see a psychiatrist to determine if you have PTSD. If you are suffering from PTSD, you may be able to get compensation to pay for counseling, anti-anxiety medications, and anything else that can help you deal with the situation. Even if you are not diagnosed with PTSD, you may discover that you have a similar problem resulting from your accident. For example, talk to the psychiatrist about any of these other red-flag issues:
- Frequent and unexplained panic attacks ever since the Maryland car crash
- Bouts of anxiety for no apparent reason
- Feelings of hopelessness or fear
- Feelings of loneliness, even when surrounded by others
When you’ve been diagnosed with any emotional or mental illness due to a traumatic accident, it’s time to call a skilled Maryland accident attorney for help getting the compensation you need. Call Nickelsporn and Lundin at 800-875-9700 to set up a free consultation.