Questions To Consider Following Injury in a Silver Spring Truck Crash
As you try to make sense of a serious truck accident that left you in pain, you may find yourself confused and unsure what to do next. While no two accidents are the same, here are a few questions that may help you decide how best to pursue a personal injury claim after a truck crash in Maryland:
Regarding the Truck Driver
- How many hours had he worked that week? New federal regulations regarding maximum service hours allowed went into effect July 1.
- Was he on a cell phone? By law, all truck drivers must use hands-free devices.
- Was he on any medications that interfered with his ability to drive? Prescription drugs are one of the top causes of Maryland truck accidents.
- Did he break any traffic laws? If so, that will increase your chances of proving your innocence in the cause of the crash. This is particularly important in Maryland because anyone who contributes to the cause of a crash forfeits any right to compensation.
Regarding Your Injury
- Have all your injuries been discovered and are they being properly treated? Failure to get medical attention could make your injuries worse and give the defense a reason to deny or lower your compensation.
- Do you know the full extent of your injuries? It’s important that you not settle a claim before you know just how much compensation you will need to pay all your medical bills.
Regarding Your Claim
Perhaps the most important question to consider is whether you have adequate representation to successfully prove your personal injury claim. An experienced Silver Spring truck accident lawyer can help you sift through all the information to get the evidence you need and the answers you deserve. For a free consultation, call Nickelsporn and Lundin today at 800-875-9700.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Questions To Consider Following Injury in a Silver Spring Truck Crash"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."