What Questions Should I Ask an Accident Attorney Before Hiring One to Handle My Injury Claim?
After surviving a crash with a commercial truck that was not your fault, the reality sets in that you are injured and will need to seek legal representation to help you secure a settlement. While it is normal for an attorney to ask you many questions about the collision and your injuries before agreeing to take your case, you also need to ask your fair share of questions before hiring a lawyer to represent you.
Most personal injury attorneys provide free initial consultations, which gives you an opportunity to meet the lawyers you are considering hiring and ask them specific questions. Because you might not know what questions to ask or where to begin after such a traumatic event, we would like to provide you with a comprehensive list of questions to ask your potential lawyer:
- Do you have experience representing victims of trucking accidents?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Do you have the resources to take this case to trial, if needed?
- What have your jury verdicts been in similar cases?
- What was the last case you took to court and tried? What was the outcome?
- Have you taken a case like mine to trial? What was the result?
- What is your trial record?
- Will you be personally handling my case?
- What can I expect if I hire your law firm?
- Do you work on a contingency fee basis?
- What are your legal fees?
By asking the attorneys you meet with the aforementioned questions, the answers you receive will help you in choosing the right lawyer for your case. Remember, not all lawyers are equal.