Why You Don’t Want to Wait to Hire a Maryland Truck Accident Attorney
A handwritten note lying on the table reminds you to call an attorney. You look at it and groan thinking "Do I have to do this today?” It all seems so overwhelming when all you really want to do is go back to bed.
If you’ve been injured in a truck crash on the Beltway or Interstate 270, you might be hesitant to call an attorney for any of the following reasons:
- You are in too much pain to think about anything but recovering.
- You don’t have the time to focus on finding the right lawyer for your case.
- You don’t know where or how to start.
- You’re not quite ready to file a personal injury lawsuit yet.
- You’ve heard that it’s important to wait until you know how badly injured you are before filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- You don’t want to rush into anything.
- You don’t have the money to pay a lawyer right now.
While the above are all valid reasons, keep in mind that the defense is not waiting. In fact, trucking companies sometimes have their own team of investigators on the scene of a truck accident even before the police arrive! Before you are home from the hospital, the trucking company’s team has started gathering information and preparing for a lawsuit. They already have their opinion on how the accident occurred and how much money they are willing to give to you and anyone else who was injured.
That’s why it’s crucial that you get started with your own case. You don’t have to be ready to hire an attorney on the spot or file a lawsuit today. You should, however, waste no time in consulting with attorneys in Southern Maryland who focus on truck accidents. Talking with someone who is experienced with cases like yours can help you know what to expect.
Filling out our contact form takes only minutes—not hours. A free consultation with our skilled Maryland truck crash lawyers can help you decide what your next step should be. Why are you still waiting? Take a minute to fill out our form and start the healing process today.