Know How to Fight the Defense’s Attack in a Maryland Motorcycle Crash
A cornered animal attacks viciously. A person accused of a crime may look around for a scapegoat.
When you’ve been the victim of a Maryland motorcycle accident, the defending driver and his insurance agent may try to turn the tables on you. They may accuse you of somehow contributing to the cause of the crash. Arguments they may try to use include:
- You were not wearing a helmet.
- You were traveling at night without reflective gear.
- You were speeding at the time of the accident.
- You did not properly or clearly signal a turn.
- A brake light or turn signal was out on your bike.
- Your bike tires or other parts were not properly maintained.
- You failed to stop completely at a stop sign.
- You appeared distracted just before the crash.
Any one of these arguments could open the door for the other driver to say that you contributed to causing the accident. This, in turn, could deny you of your right to any compensation, robbing you of the help you deserve in getting the medical treatment you desperately need.
If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle crash in Maryland and are faced with an insurance agent who seems bent on proving you contributed to the cause of the crash, you should contact an attorney immediately.
A skilled Maryland motorcycle accident attorney can help you prove your innocence in the crash and protect your rights as the victim of a serious crash. For more information or to set up an appointment for a free consultation, call our offices at 800-875-9700.