No lawyer can ethically guarantee what will happen in your case. However, what we can guarantee is that we’ll provide you with competent and ethical legal representation.
1. Competence. We will provide you with competent representation in your case. We will employ our legal knowledge and skill on your behalf to take you through the legal process in a way that minimizes the drain on your time, money and emotions. We will thoroughly prepare your case to ensure that you receive the maximum rights and compensation you deserve. We will not appear at court or engage in negotiations on your behalf without first fully understanding your case and knowing your objectives.
2. Commitment. We are committed to you and to winning your case and recovering as much compensation for you as possible, including your economic losses and your pain and suffering and inconvenience. We will be loyal to you and will give you our independent judgment about your case. We will never allow ourselves to agree to a term or condition that is against you and your interests. We will not defer to the other attorney, no matter how charming he or she may be. We work for you and will zealously and aggressively act to advance your interests and rights.
3. Respect. You will be in control of your case. We promise to consult with you about the means by which to pursue your objectives. We promise to abide by your decisions regarding all lawful objectives to be pursued. We promise to abide by your decision whether to accept a settlement or litigate your case. We will never demand that you settle your case or any part of it against your wishes. We will never be disrespectful to you, but will be happy to answer your questions. We will never ask you to lie or cheat or do anything criminal, fraudulent or improper.
4. Diligence and Promptness. We will act with diligence and promptness in representing you. We will pursue your case despite opposition, obstruction or personal inconvenience, and we will take whatever lawful and ethical measures are required to win for you. We will be committed and dedicated to your interests and will zealously advocate for you and your rights.
5. Communication. We will provide you with information about your case. We will explain the risks and answer all your questions concerning any given course of action, as well as any possible alternatives. We will communicate with you on a regular basis and keep you informed about the status of your case each step of the way. We will promptly respond to you and give you information about your case when you request it. We will explain your case and your options in a manner that you will understand and be able to make an informed decision regarding our representation. We will get your consent before taking action on your behalf. We will consult with you about the means to be used to accomplish your objectives.
6. Fees and Expenses. We will never charge you an unreasonable fee. We are successful at what we do and have no need or desire to overcharge clients. We enjoy helping our clients successfully recover the compensation they deserve. It’s not just about the legal fee for us – we are highly motivated to win for you. Of course, everyone knows that litigation is expensive, and certainly you cannot get through it without incurring legal fees and costs. But our legal fee will be fair and reasonable. We will only pursue the objectives you authorize, and we will incur only those costs that are necessary to achieve the authorized objectives. Moreover, in personal injury cases, you don’t pay either a fee or the expenses we advance unless we win.
7. Confidentiality. What you tell us is protected from disclosure by the attorney-client privilege. We hold this principle in very high regard, and we promise not to reveal your information relating to your case unless you give consent or it’s necessary to carry the representation that you’ve authorized. You can trust us and we want you to communicate fully and frankly with us, even as to embarrassing or legally damaging information. We need this information to effectively represent you and advise you concerning your rights and various courses of action. Therefore, we hold what you tell us in strict confidence and will not disclosure it without your consent.
8. Trust. We will safeguard any money or property of yours until it is delivered to you. We will exercise a high degree of fiduciary care. We will not commingle your funds with ours, but will hold your money separate from our business accounts in a trust account. We will provide a full accounting of any money we receive on your behalf. At the time settlement funds are paid, you will first be given a detailed accounting to review and authorize, before any money changes hands.
9. Independent Judgment and Candid Advice. We will exercise our independent judgment about your case and give you our candid advice. We will not be swayed or influenced by the other party, his or her attorney or any other person. We work for you, and we will always give you the straight facts and straightforward advice. We will give you our honest assessment and what we think you should do. We will consider moral, economic and social factors. Insofar as you want us to consider these factors, we will discuss with you the ethics, costs and effects on other people of various courses of action that you could pursue. We will also provide you with referrals and recommendations when it would be appropriate to also get the input of a professional in another field, such as taxes or other areas of the law that we don’t handle.
10. Expediting Your Case. We will make all reasonable efforts to expedite your case. We will seek the just, speedy and inexpensive resolution of your case and each part of your case. We will work expeditiously and efficiently to eliminate unjustifiable expense and delay. We will do everything we can to get this painful and difficult situation over with as quickly as possible while maintaining your maximum rights.
Personal injuries can be difficult and frightening. A bad lawyer can definitely make your situation far worse than it has to be. Don’t take a chance. We promise to provide you a different kind of attorney experience – one of respect, response and the highest level of competence and ethics – which is just what you need to get through this. So, although we can’t promise you certain results, you can put our solution-oriented, winning strategies to work for you today. Call us at (301) 942-9118