Maryland Truck Accident Attorney Says to Beware of Small Trucks, Too
What comes to your mind when you hear “Maryland truck crash”? Perhaps you picture a semi-truck crushing a small passenger car into a pancake. Maybe you think of a turned-over gasoline tanker enveloped in flames.
While those are certainly realistic and horrific scenarios, the reality is that many truck accidents involve medium-sized vehicles and may appear much less severe. However, any Maryland auto accident involving a truck has the potential for serious injury and a long settlement battle.
There are hundreds of different types of trucks on the road, and any one of them can cause a serious crash. Trucks that are often involved in Maryland truck accidents include:
- Mail trucks, including U.S. Post Office, UPS or FedEx vehicles
- Delivery trucks for furniture, flowers and more
- Armored trucks
- Tow trucks
- Ambulance or fire trucks
- Small business trucks, such as cable installation, appliance repairmen, plumbers, etc.
- Pick-up trucks
Unfortunately, because many of these trucks are commercial vehicles, it can be difficult to recover the compensation you deserve for injuries received in the accident. Because a business is involved, accidents involving commercial trucks typically undergo a time-consuming process that includes:
- A thorough investigation by local police, your insurance company and the business’ insurance company,
- A detailed look at commercial trucking regulations to determine if any were violated, and
- Numerous negotiation meetings with all parties involved.
Truck accidents typically involve more people with a vested interest in the outcome of your settlement, thereby slowing the negotiation process. If you have been hurt in a truck accident and find yourself frustrated with the slow uphill battle to receiving your compensation, you should talk to an experienced Maryland truck accident attorney who can fight for your rights.
It shouldn’t take a lifetime to recoup damages. Call our skilled lawyers today at 1-800-875-9700 to see how we can help you get the compensation you deserve sooner.