Do You Have One of These Top Maryland Truck Accident Injuries? Let Us Help
Have you ever felt uneasy driving next to a big rig on the road? Do you occasionally feel unnerved by the sight of a huge 18-wheeler coming up quickly behind you on the highway?
Your fears may be very well warranted. Hundreds of people end up with serious injuries in Maryland truck accidents each year, and dozens die in truck wrecks.
Interstate 95 has the majority of 18-wheeler truck traffic in Maryland, but truck accidents can occur virtually anywhere. If you or a family member has been involved in a Maryland truck crash, you may be dealing with one or more of these serious, often permanent, injuries:
- Brain damage: A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can leave you with serious disabilities for life.
- Spinal cord injury: Depending on where the injury is exactly, damage to your spinal cord can leave you partially paralyzed.
- Damage to internal organs: It is amazing how important—and how fragile—each of these little organs is. Damage to any one of them can cause serious pain and a multitude of ongoing health issues.
- Crushed bones: Just one small break in a bone can cause severe pain, and crushed bones require even more medical attention and a longer recovery.
- Amputations: Doctors may not be able to save every part of your body if you have been in a serious crash, potentially leaving you with the loss of a limb.
- Severe burns: Skin grafts and expensive plastic surgery can only go so far to heal serious burns. You may end up scarred for life or with an injury beneath the skin due to a deep burn.
In most cases, the truck driver is responsible for your Maryland truck accident injuries. This means that someone else’s negligence caused your pain. To add more suffering to your pain, you also may be dealing with severe emotional distress from memories of the accident.
On top of your physical pain, you should not have to deal with the financial burden of medical bills or the stress of a lawsuit. Instead, call an experienced Maryland truck accident attorney who will fight for your rights.
At Nickelsporn and Lundin, we know how to treat you right. We will help you manage your medical care as well as attend to your legal needs. Get a consultation at no charge by calling our offices at 1-800-875-9700.