Three Important Things in a Slip and Fall Case in MarylandThree important things in every successful slip and fall case are: notice, notice, notice.
In order to win a slip and fall case, you must prove that the business was on "notice" of the dangerous condition that caused your fall.
If the business knew of the danger, but failed to fix or remove the danger or put up a warning sign, it can be held legally liable for your injuries, medical bills and lost wages.
But the danger can’t be open and obvious. If it was, the judge might rule that you assumed the risk or were contributorily negligent.
Slip and fall cases require strong evidence to prove who was at fault. So here’s what you can do to protect your right to a recovery if you should slip and fall and get hurt.
- Take pictures at the accident scene (use your smartphone)
- Write down the names and contact information for anyone who was a witness to your accident, especially any employees who admit they knew about the problem but didn’t fix it before you fell
- Report your accident to the manager or supervisor on duty
- Get immediate and ongoing medical help for your injury
- Talk to a slip and fall lawyer
We are dedicated to protecting and advancing your rights. Call for a FREE consultation any time - including weekends and evenings.