An Accident Kit Can Help You Get Evidence After a Nasty Maryland Auto Accident
You know the importance of being prepared in case of an emergency while on the road. The trunk of your car even holds an extra blanket and a flare to signal for help in bad weather. Are you just as prepared for a car accident? Have you ever considered the importance of having supplies on hand should you find yourself the victim of a Maryland auto accident?
When you’ve been the victim of a serious car accident in Silver Spring or Rockville, it’s important to get as much evidence as possible immediately after the crash occurs, before busy traffic erases all signs of an accident. For example, debris showing the extent of the damage to the vehicles and skid marks tells an important story of what exactly happened.
An accident kit should have everything you need to determine who caused the accident and get the evidence necessary to prove it. Items that you may want to include in a kit are as follows:
- Copies of your insurance documents
- Pen and paper for taking down pertinent information
- Vehicle accident report form to guide you through the facts/questions to write down (numerous templates are available online)
- Disposable camera for taking photos of the vehicles, accident scene, and injuries
- First aid kit (including materials for trauma victims)
- Flashlight to have on hand in case of a nighttime accident
- Yellow reflective vest, also for a nighttime accident
- Orange cones to warn other drivers away from the accident scene until police arrive
- Pay-as-you-go cell phone or emergency-only phone to call for help and notify the police
Of course, if you are seriously injured in an accident, you may be unable to do any accident reconstruction work yourself. If possible, have a family member or friend take photos, and talk to witnesses at the scene of the accident. Your Maryland accident attorney may also be able to complete this task on your behalf. For more information or to consult with an experienced lawyer, call 800-875-9700.