Recognize the Signs of Drowsy Driving and Avoid a Rockville Auto Accident
Whether you’re driving to see family for the holidays or headed home after a long work trip or a semester of school, driving for hours on end can be a tiresome task – and it can be a dangerous one if you’re driving drowsy.
Driving while tired can be just as dangerous as driving while drunk and Maryland drowsy driving accidents can cause considerable damage.
Any long car ride tends to make the driver a bit sleepy, but how do you know when you’re becoming a dangerous driver and need to pull over for a little snooze?
Here are a few signs that drowsiness may be getting the best of you on the road:
- Excessive yawning
- Repeatedly veering into another lane or over the rumble strips on the highway
- Eyes feeling heavy or frequently blinking to keep them open
- Losing your grasp on the steering wheel
- Failing to notice the signs or landmarks along the road
- Nodding off for a couple seconds
If you are exhibiting any of these signs, it’s best to pull off the road and take a nap – even if it’s just for half an hour. You could save yourself the tragedy of a Rockville auto accident.
If you have been injured by a drowsy driver, contact a Rockville auto accident attorney today.