How not to let that Insurance adjuster bully you
People are often surprised to find out that insurance adjusters and the companies they work for are not on your side.
Make no mistake: insurance adjusters are well-trained employees who have one goal in mind – to limit the amount of compensation paid out for your claim (or to deny it altogether). And, they’ve got lots of tactics to achieve their goal, including:
- Trying to get you to give a recorded statement in the hopes that you will make a mistake in your recollection of the accident, omit key details or prior injuries or maybe even admit that you were partially at fault for the accident;
- Asking you to sign a medical release form, which gives them access to your medical records. This isn’t done to make sure you get a fair settlement; instead, it’s done to find evidence of pre-existing injuries or other factors that can minimize your claim or lead to it being denied;
- Pressuring you to accept a low-ball settlement offer within days of the accident. Again, the adjuster isn’t worried about you getting fair compensation to cover your medical bills or help to ensure your future financial security. He or she wants you to accept a low amount of money that will limit the insurance company’s payout;
- Discouraging you from hiring an attorney (which the adjuster knows will almost certainly lead to you receiving more compensation);
- Delaying and dragging their feet on your claim hoping that you might give up or accept a low offer.
We know all the things insurance companies will use to gain an advantage over you. Call us to level the playing field.
Dedicated to protecting and advancing your rights,
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Don’t Let That Insurance Adjuster Bully You"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."