Protecting Against a College Student Collision
Every September, thousands of students flock to Takoma Park and other college towns, bringing with them the excitement, anxiety, and reckless behavior that comes with college expectations. These numbers triple and even quadruple during football season, making campus area traffic not only infuriatingly congested—but at times extremely dangerous.
Precautions to Protect Yourself From a Collision Caused by an Irresponsible Student
Fortunately for you, there are ways that you can help protect yourself, and your family from a student caused collision. The next time you are near campus, follow these simple precautions to avoid a tragic accident:
- Always assume the student doesn’t see you. College students have a lot on their minds and even though it may appear that they looked right at you, they could have been looking through you or thinking about something else without fully recognizing that your car was approaching.
- Be alert and cautious. College campuses can be very hectic and crowded. Make sure you’re aware of everything, and everyone around you for possible signs of danger.
- Make eye contact. Making eye contact is the surest way to make sure the student sees you.
- Be prepared for the unexpected. Even if you think a student sees you, he could still potentially walk in front of you if he believes he has the right of way. If you feel that a student may wind up stepping in front of you—just stop and let him go (at least you’ll know when he will cross).
- Look for signs of drunk driving. College campuses are notoriously guilty for underage and excessive drinking; if a car is swerving or the driver appears to be distracted or drunk, back off and call traffic control, campus security, or the police to get him off the road safely.
Fighting Back Against Student Negligence
No matter how cautious you are, it’s an unfortunate reality that accidents can still happen. Don’t allow someone else’s irresponsible decisions to affect the lives of your family. If you’ve recently been in a car accident where you or a loved one has been seriously injured, contact us today for a free consultation about your rights and options. We can help you understand and file an injury claim to help you get you the compensation you and your family deserve. What are you waiting for? Call now to fight back!
Safety is the most important thing for you and your family, so help us spread the word about campus driving safety by sharing this page on Facebook and Twitter. You never know who you may help with one simple click of a button.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Avoiding a Distracted Student Car Accident"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."